POSITION: Senior Business Development Manager
COMPANY: Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
LOCATION: Boston, MA
Join Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP (Nutter) Boston office as Senior Business Development Manager. The position is a salaried position that offers the flexibility of working remotely 2-3 days per week.
The Senior BD Manager performs an important leadership role implementing business development activities and setting a culture for the Firm to retain and expand legal services for existing clients and to acquire new clients.
The role interacts directly with the Director of Business Development, Department and Practice Group Leaders, Partners and other team members to:
· Drive business development activities related to the department’s and practice group’s strategic plan implementation.
· Meet with and advise individual partners in key practices to develop and implement business plans. Monitor and support BD activities of those partners, including identifying targets, developing pursuit strategies and monitoring and supporting engagement efforts.
· Work with the Marketing/BD team to ensure that sales materials, pitches and proposals highlight the attributes of the firm and its key practices.
· Initiate and implement ideas to improve the department’s BD services and the firm’s business development efforts.
· Develop strategies and content and execute on targeted events, sponsorship involvement, speaking engagements and thought leadership.
· Collaborate with Recruiting and Professional Development to create and implement partner integration plans and ensure successful onboarding of lateral partners, including integration of their clients into the firm.
· Identify and prepare for prospect meetings, RFPs, and client cross-sell opportunities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required with a focus or concentration in communications, business, economics or marketing preferred.
Minimum of eight years’ of progressive experience in business development/sales in professional services, with a portion of that experience being in a law firm setting.
Experience with corporate, financing, M&A, litigation, banking or real estate practice areas is a plus.
Experience managing a team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Capability to work successfully with and gain respect of partners, associates, and professional staff members is a critical success factor. Other skills include:
· Excellent communication, listening, presentation and interpersonal skills.
· A positive and highly motivated customer service attitude with the ability to instill that attitude in others.
· Proven business writing portfolio experience.
· Skilled and comfortable in sales meetings and public presentations.
· Strong organizational skills to manage multiple tasks, set and accomplish priorities, perform work timely and efficiently, and to manage and complete projects.
· Successfully manage tight deadlines and unexpected requests.
· Works as part of a team and independently.
· Ability to manage and motivate a team of direct reports.
· A high degree of proficiency with MS Office and technology, particularly with CRM systems.
For more information/to apply, click HERE.