POSITION: Client Development Manager
LOCATION: Silicon Valley or San Francisco office
Make an impact at Goodwin, where we partner with our clients to practice law with integrity, ingenuity, agility and ambition. Our 1,600 lawyers across the United States, Europe and Asia excel at complex transactions, high-stakes litigation and world-class advisory services in the technology, life sciences, real estate, private equity and financial industries. Our unique combination of deep experience serving both the innovators and investors in a rapidly-changing, technology-driven economy sets us apart. Also a global destination for business professionals, Goodwin’s team of professional staff was named in 2019 the “Best Business Team” by The American Lawyer.
The Client Development Manager is a leader who possesses a client-focused mentality, is highly service oriented, and has the ability to guide, direct and advise lawyers in a sophisticated marketing and business development environment. Responsibilities include helping shape the strategic positioning for the firm's Litigation Practice across the firm's four California offices within the context of the Goodwin brand; supporting client relationship-building initiatives; facilitating cross-selling opportunities with other geographies; lead generation; and identifying effective thought leadership opportunities.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strategic thinker with strong project management, process implementation, data and budgeting skills.
- Able to interact in a highly professional manner with partners, clients, colleagues and service providers.
- Superior communication skills, including strong writing and editorial skills, with particular attention to detail.
- A true team player to works well with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with InterAction, Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM tools and databases a plus
- A total of 8+ years of progressive experience in a practice management, business development or marketing role, ideally in an AmLaw 100 or other large professional services firm.
- 2+ years as a manager preferred.
- Minimum BA, BS or degree equivalent.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Conceptualize, initiate and support client relationship building activities and other activity that will help the firm to institutionalize its client base and grow top line revenue.
- Develop business development plans for geography / practices.
- Work with the partners in developing and implementing personal business development plans and network expanding activities.
- Track and provide monthly updates detailing business development activity and successes (win/loss ratios, referrals, return on networking investments, upcoming activities).
- Participate in the design and implementation of cross-BU and cross-geography business development initiatives, including client teams and broader initiatives.
- Where appropriate, participate in networking opportunities to directly generate new business opportunities for the firm.
Full job posting: https://goodwinprocter.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Careers/job/Silicon-Valley/Manager--Client-Development_R01368