POSITION: Communications Assistant
COMPANY: Fenwick & West LLP
LOCATION: This position can be based in any Fenwick & West LLP U.S. office
Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 400 lawyers and 400 employees in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.
Fenwick is seeking a Communications Assistant that will be responsible for supporting numerous strategic projects and initiatives furthering our external and internal communication goals. This position will support and manage the content pipeline to ensure proper distribution of thought leadership and other key communications across relevant channels. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
- Support the team on various writing and editing projects, including press releases, award nominations, internal emails, marketing campaigns, social media, alerts, newsletters and surveys.
- Oversee editorial and content calendars and coordinate with key leads on distribution of key communications.
- Assist with coordination of awards, legal directories calendar and process management.
- Responsible for managing the communications pipeline, including posting content to the firm’s website, social media accounts, intranet, and other key channels.
- Support PR activities, including scheduling interviews, writing pitches, monitoring the media, pulling media lists, press release distribution, internal press highlights distribution, and trend spotting.
- Manage style guide updates and ensure use of guidelines in materials.
- Work closely with communications and creative services teams to develop content for multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Maintain firm’s website and intranet, including content posting, and working with Content Manager on optimizing the website (utilizing Google Analytics and other SEO techniques), monitoring and reporting on website analytics.
- Work with marketing team on refining mailing lists and leveraging data from the Martech to develop successful communication campaigns.
- Work with outside vendors/contractors to support various initiatives.
- Work with members of the marketing team to develop and improve processes and best practices that increase efficiency and break down silos.
Skills & Qualifications
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience at a law firm or professional services environment.
- Corporate communications experience is a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentrations in Marketing, Journalism, English or Business preferred.
To view the full job posting and to be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online.