POSITION: Senior Business Development Coordinator
COMPANY: Paul Hastings LLP
LOCATION: This position may be located in Paul Hastings' Los Angeless, Century City, Palo Alto or San Francisco office
Job Description Summary
The Senior BDev Coordinator supports the business development and marketing initiatives, pitch and proposal efforts, and the development of client relationships and new business opportunities in the Entertainment & Media and Tech industries. This position also provides BDev support for other Firm practice areas and projects as assigned.
- Support and enhance the firm’s Entertainment & Media and Tech industry initiatives, focusing on priority industry clients and prospects, pipeline management, lead generation, market trend analysis, and overall opportunity pursuit;
- Advise/collaborate with partner leaders, business development peers and other internal stakeholders in the development and execution of the industry practice plans;
- Develop, edit and disseminate marketing materials, including pitches, proposals, RFP responses, and other communications;
- Research and report on market trends and developments impacting industry clients and identify new business opportunities, as well as customized thought leadership responses and content-driven campaigns;
- Monitor priority clients business, movement within clients organization, and other developments and identify cross-selling opportunities to expand client relationships and generate new pipelines of work;
- Prepare relationship partners for client meetings by providing talking points, tailoring materials, and refining research;
- Organize and coordinate seminars, events, conferences, and other targeted marketing activities;
- Document industry specific experience and credentials, ensure content is current, and maintain relevant BDev and marketing databases;
- Track BDev activities and expenses, including meetings, presentations, and pitches;
- Collaborate with Global BDev & Marketing team members across the Americas, Asia, and Europe on cross-practice integrated client outreach and digital marketing campaigns;
- Participate in BDev and Marketing departmental cross-training;
- Work additional hours and travel as required; and
- Handle additional business development and marketing projects, as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 4+ years of marketing experience in legal or professional services industry (preferred);
- Experience in Entertainment & Media and/or Tech industry a plus;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite and in online research and internet resources (e.g. Lexis-Nexis and equivalents);
- Fundamental knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications; and
- Fundamental knowledge of CRM systems a plus.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.