POSITION: Practice Management and Client Services Director
COMPANY: Not Available
LOCATION: May be remote but some travel to VA (DC area) and Chicago will be required.
LawVision is working with a fast-growing entrepreneurial e-discovery law firm to fill the position of Practice Management and Client Services Director. The Director will work with members of the Firm’s Executive Committee and Team Leaders to drive and support the strategy of the Firm and its focus areas. This position may be remote but some travel to VA (DC area) and Chicago will be required.
This is an exciting entrepreneurial firm with exceptional lawyers, services, and professionals that is on track for doubling in size over the next 3+ years. Responsibilities include ensuring the effective administration, business operation, and project management of the firm and focus area initiatives and promoting the positive visibility of the Firm.
The Director will have experience building and managing a team of professionals who are assigned to focus areas across the Firm to accomplish functional responsibilities; strategic planning activities; financial and budget management for client work; workload and staffing management and other duties as needed. He or she will also ensure that team members provide quality, responsive service to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and raise any issues and suggestions for improvement on a timely basis. This position reports to the Executive Committee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Firm Leadership in developing strategic goals for Firm growth and development, including responsibility for innovation to improve the ways in which the Firm manages, staffs, and measures client team projects and client team performance.
- Lead and manage processes in the development of business and client satisfaction plans for client teams, and work with the Managing Partner and Executive Director in the management and operational oversight necessary to implement the Firm’s business strategies.
- Influentially manage and oversee the performance of client facing business operations to ensure consistency with the Firm’s core values, polices, and standards.
- Develop and manage performance, staffing, and budget plans with the partners and client team leads, to support Firm growth. Identify and analyze performance trends compared to plans and assist the Client Team Leads and Focus Area Leads in managing toward the achievement of performance expectations. Overall responsibility for managing the financial performance of the client teams.
- Provide leadership to identify operational issues and requirements related to design, implementation, and performance of client team dynamics and operational processes.
- Observe, evaluate, and test existing operations and procedures. Identify problems, develop, and implement improvements and or modifications.
- Work alongside the Executive Committee to evaluate the cost-effectiveness and profitability of work performed, utilizing the Firm’s reporting and analytical systems and resources.
- Facilitate communication with client teams and assist in the development and implementation of initiatives to achieve objectives, enlisting support and involvement of appropriate Firm resources (Marketing, IT, Finance, etc.).
- Organize support staffing and processes to ensure effective staffing ratios with teams, in support of timely, cost efficient legal operations and Firm standards.
- Identify and communicate quality assurance requirements related to the process of recruitment, assessment, selection and evaluation of client teams.
- Overall administrative supervision responsibility for all Firm and client team personnel.
- Establish work standards and evaluate performance and develop recommendations
- regarding salary issues, promotions, disciplinary action, and termination of personnel.
- Facilitate the communication of team plans, strategies, and issues to all team members.
- Oversee and manage the administrative requirements of all teams, including development and preparation of reports, processing of forms, including performance evaluations, and producing information as required by Firm policies and practices.
- Work with the Executive Committee to provide overall support for the implementation and management of strategies, policies and performance measurement toward the achievement of Firm objectives.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- A broad range of experience in planning, budgeting, and operational management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic business plans
- Excellent organizational skills, pro-active, innovative, and forward thinking
- Possess strong business judgment
- Strong understanding of finance and measures of performance
- Solid understanding of management best practices
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Must be technology-adept and have excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client and Firm information
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, often with short time-frames
- Ability to work remotely with team members as well as manage multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree preferred – JD
- 10+ years of experience working in a law firm or other professional services organization.
- Strong related experience managing people/teams in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this position, please contact Silvia Coulter, Principal Consultant, LawVision, Scoulter@lawvision.com; 617-697-4869