POSITION: Senior Communications Specialist
COMPANY: Fenwick & West LLP
LOCATION: This position can be based in any Fenwick & West LLP U.S. office
Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 400 lawyers and 400 employees in Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.
We have an opening in our Marketing department for a Senior Communications Specialist. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for leading, managing and supporting numerous strategic projects and initiatives furthering our external and internal communications goals. This job can be based in any of their offices.
- Develop, review and edit original content to improve mindshare and visibility for key practice areas, industries, legal themes, issues and solutions.
Execute on the firm’s PR program, including drafting and promoting news announcements and media pitches; preparing attorneys for press interviews and brainstorming on proactive story themes and ideas.
Contribute to the firm’s social media efforts, including creating and drafting original written and visual content, and developing and managing social media advertising campaigns to extend the reach of our content.
Execute on the awards and directory submissions program; as needed, develop, manage and execute plans for awards nominations and attorney references; help maintain and track deadlines; and help update the firm’s accolades on the intranet and website.
Research, write and edit a variety of marketing-related materials and contribute to firm website and intranet, including content posting, optimizing the website (utilizing Google Analytics and other SEO techniques), and monitoring and reporting website analytics.
Work with the marketing technology team to develop tools to disseminate content, including software to support our email, blogging and social media programs.
Skills & Qualifications
This role reports to the Senior Public Relations Manager and supports the Content and Digital Marketing Manager.
The qualified candidate will have:
- 5+ years of corporate communications experience, preferably in a law firm.
- proven track record of successfully developing and executing marketing, communications and social media campaigns
- management of complex editorial processes and in-depth content marketing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong narratives aligned with go-to-market strategy.
- Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Marketing, English, Business Administration or similar field preferred.
To view the full job posting and to be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online:
Contact Person: Joanne Millard