POSITION: Business Development Manager
COMPANY: Burr & Forman
LOCATION: Birmingham, AL
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Burr & Forman is seeking qualified candidates for a Business Development Manager position located in Birmingham, AL. Other locations may be considered depending on the candidate. The Business Development Manager will work with assigned lawyer teams to drive revenue growth, enhance the client experience, and execute marketing and business development tactics in support of firm and team business plans. The BDM will provide function as an internal consultant to attorneys, providing coaching, analysis, strategic insight, and opportunity identification. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as business development liaison to assigned practice groups, markets, and/or industry teams.
- Evaluate and modify practice group business plans as needed and actively manage plan implementation to ensure success.
- Create and implement attorney business development plans that identify opportunities to deepen existing client relationships, generate new business, cross-sell services, increase visibility, and other activities tailored to achieve each attorney's professional goals.
- Manage the response process for assigned RFPs, including identification of strategic approach, facilitation of planning meetings, coordination of customized content development and collection, and execution of the final proposal.
- Develop customized pitches and other materials for new business opportunities and client meetings.
- Analyze and evaluate both current and potential business development initiatives, and adjust strategies and tactics to increase the initiatives' overall effectiveness.
- Analyze company and industry market research for purposes of supporting new business development efforts.
- Assist in the management of business development/marketing budgets tied to assigned practice groups and projects.
- Analyze budget spend and make recommendations on how to spend more strategically and effectively where needed.
- Leverage marketing tactics and data to uncover business insights and secure new work.
- Work in conjunction with other Business Development Managers to promote cross-selling across practice groups, industry groups and markets.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university, preferably in marketing, legal, or business administration.
- Minimum of three years of marketing or business development experience in a professional services firm.
- Client focused, maintaining market knowledge as equally as internal knowledge, and providing the highest level of service to attorneys, staff, and firm clients.
- Able to successfully manage and prioritize a heavy workload, meet deadlines, delegate tasks, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Strong presentation and networking skills.
- Must be able to travel.