POSITION: Communications Specialist
COMPANY: Fenwick & West LLP
LOCATION: This position can be based in any Fenwick office
Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 300 attorneys and 400 employees in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our Firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year.
Job Description Summary
As a member of the firmwide marketing department, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for leading, managing and supporting numerous strategic projects and initiatives furthering our external and internal communications goals. This job can be based in any Fenwick office.
Skills & Qualifications
- Develop, review and edit original content to improve mindshare and visibility for key practice areas, industries, legal themes, issues and solutions.
- Execute on the firm’s PR program, including drafting and promoting news announcements and media pitches; preparing attorneys for press interviews and brainstorming on proactive story themes and ideas.
- Contribute to the firm’s social media efforts, including creating and drafting original written and visual content, and developing and managing social media advertising campaigns to extend the reach of our content.
- Execute on the awards and directory submissions program; as needed, develop, manage and execute plans for awards nominations and attorney references; help maintain and track deadlines; and help update the firm’s accolades on the intranet and website.
- Research, write and edit a variety of marketing-related materials and contribute to firm website and intranet, including content posting, optimizing the website (utilizing Google Analytics and other SEO techniques), and monitoring and reporting website analytics.
- Work with the marketing technology team to develop tools to disseminate content, including software to support our email, blogging and social media programs.
- Help report and measure performance of social media, web and communications campaigns.
- Maintain and champion marketing style guidelines.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects and complex tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills; ability to write about legal and technical topics; ability to draft, create and proof high-quality content for external audiences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- Well-demonstrated understanding of the firm’s legal services (venture capital, securities, IP litigation, etc.) and the technology industries that we serve (software, mobile, life sciences, etc.).
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) and research skills required; SharePoint skills preferred.
- Advanced understanding of current social media platforms, online content distribution, web analytics and search engine optimization.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented service environment.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Capable of staying productive and accurate under pressure with tight deadlines (a sense of humor helps, too).
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and can work independently.
This role reports to the Senior Public Relations Manager and supports the Content and Digital Marketing Manager. The qualified candidate will have 4-6 years of corporate communications experience, preferably in a law firm. The candidate will have a proven track record of successfully developing and executing marketing, communications and social media campaigns; management of complex editorial processes and in-depth content marketing experience. Demonstrated ability to develop strong narratives aligned with go-to-market strategy. Bachelor's degree required, emphasis in Marketing, English, Business Administration or similar field preferred.