POSITION: Law Department Consultant (Virtual)
Elevate is the Law Company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. The company's legal, business and technology professionals extend and enable the resources and capabilities of customers worldwide. Elevate's achievements and distinctions include:
- Winner of the American Lawyer Industry Awards Best Alternative Legal Services Provider of the Year 2019.
- Winner of British Legal Awards Alternative Service Provider of the Year 2019.
- Winner of the IACCM Innovation and Excellence Awards 2019 - Outstanding Service Provider (Americas and Global).
- Ranked as a Top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners five years in a row.
Elevate is recruiting a Law Department Consultant with excellent information gathering, data analytics, project management, and change management abilities and skills. As a Consultant at Elevate, you will support strategic customer engagements for FTSE100/Fortune 500 law departments and US top 100/ UK top 50 law firms.
You will be working on customer-facing projects from day one, working with industry leading clients and colleagues to directly impact ROI and deliver transformational change. As part of a young and growing business, you will have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our Consulting practice and move quickly within the organization.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Specifically, you will
Use your strong project planning, analytical, issue identification, and problem solving skills to support Elevate project managers in the delivery of strategic improvement opportunities related to all aspects of legal organization management, including, but not limited to:
- Spend Management
- Vendor Sourcing, Pricing, and Oversight
- Organizational Design
- Client-Alignment and Value Demonstration
- Processes, Protocols, and Workflows
- Legal Technologies
- Training and Development
- Legal service delivery
- Work with client lawyers, support staff and operational teams to bring transformational change and incremental improvements to their organizations.
- Contribute your unique background and experienced to Elevate's group of thought leaders and industry experts.
- Own the day-to-day aspects of delivering world-class client service and responsiveness.
- Support sales efforts as needed and help support the growth of Elevate's Consulting practice.
- Serve as a representative of, and Ambassador for, the company at all times, with clients and industry peers.
- 4+ years relevant working experience in progressively advancing positions.
- Have played a key role on project delivery and project teams, including fundamental project management, client-engagement and communications, production of client-facing materials.
- Functioning understanding of at least four of the business basics- including financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, corporate accounting principles/P&L management, procurement/pricing, organizational design, stakeholder management, change management.
- Consulting firm, technology vendor, in-house legal, or law firm experience a plus.
- Ideally will have exposure to core legal practice areas and processes within a legal department.
Skills for Success
- High level of proficiency with typical office and project management tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Teams, and Project.
- Demonstrated maturity and acumen for navigating business and professional environments.
- High Emotional Intelligence and ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Strong communicator with ability to craft succinct and meaningful messages in variety of formats, including written, spoken, and visual.
- Comfortable working semi-autonomously often in quickly changing environments, while knowing when to seek out guidance and assistance.
- Unfailingly reliable, meets deadlines, executes instructions, uses sound judgement and anticipates problems.
- Takes personal ownership of problems, using common sense and good judgement to proactively avoid and/or mitigate issues related to project execution.
- Exceptional Excel and Microsoft Office skills.
- Project management, handling organization and administration of project/team environments.
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrably relevant equivalent required.