POSITION: Sr. Manager, Client Development
LOCATION: Boston, MA or New York, NY
Make an impact at Goodwin, a global 50 law firm with a history of working on groundbreaking matters, and an increasingly focused approach to working with clients in the financial, private equity, real estate, technology and life sciences industries. Our more than 1,000 corporate and litigation attorneys leverage their specific experience and assemble full-service teams to advise clients in these and adjacent industries.
Responsibilities include working directly with key stakeholders (including BD leaders and partners) and partnering with the Senior Manager of Business Development (“Senior Manager”) to support client relationship-building and BD initiatives in our global market, all with an eye toward identifying opportunities for practice and geographic cross-selling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with the Managing Director and Chief Client Development Officer (“CCDO”), create a client development strategy for the global Tech practice that aligns with the firm’s client development strategy and identifies opportunities for connections with other firm practices.
- With the Managing Director, partner with other GO! Team leaders to determine where they can add value to client development, revenue generation and key client relationships.
- Partner with the Manager of Business Development Projects on client retention and growth strategies, including client feedback interviews, post-matter interviews, client forums and client visits.
- Initiate and support client relationship building activities and other activities that will help the firm to institutionalize its client base and grow top line revenue.
- With the Managing Director and the Senior Manager, work with partners to develop and implement BD plans and network expanding activities.
- Track and provide monthly updates detailing BD activities and successes (win/loss ratios, referrals, return on networking investments, upcoming activities).
- Oversee research and related competitive intelligence activities for key clients and prospects, working closely with our Marketing and Client Intelligence team to monitor the BD strategies and related activities of key competitors. Use data and analytics to inform strategy and opportunity.
- Work with the Managing Director primarily on regional (east coast) responses to RFPs/RFIs. Work with Business Unit Directors and the Pricing and Project Management teams in developing creative alternative fee arrangement proposals and other value-adds.
- With the Tech Marketing Specialist, identify and prioritize key organizations and events in which the practice/partners will participate