POSITION: Business Development Specialist
LOCATION: New York, NY
Make an impact at Goodwin, a global 50 law firm with a history of working on groundbreaking matters, and an increasingly focused approach to working with clients in the financial, private equity, real estate, technology and life sciences industries. Our more than 1,000 corporate and litigation attorneys leverage their specific experience and assemble full-service teams to advise clients in these and adjacent industries.
As the Business Development Specialist (Specialty Litigation), you plan organize and implement business development activities that support the global growth of the firm and specifically the practice(s) to which s/he is assigned. The Specialist must be a self-starter with the ability to work alongside the BD team, and independently, to guide, direct and advise lawyers in a sophisticated marketing and business development environment. The Specialist often serves as the front line of business development and marketing support to lawyers and professional staff across the firm.
Responsibilities include supporting initiatives that align with the groups’ marketing and business development plans; execution of client relationship-building activities; tracking and reporting on business development activities; and supporting effective thought leadership campaigns.
What you do:
- Work with the practice areas to determine effective, detailed approaches to pursuing new business (including cross-selling and client institutionalization efforts) while driving follow-up and implementation.
- Develop customized responses to pitches and RFPs/RFIs and other marketing collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings; work with the Pricing and Project Management team in developing alternative fee arrangement proposals and other value adds.
- Plan and oversee relationship-building activities such as client events, sponsorships and conferences in support of group goals. Manage event logistics, internal/external communications, budget and vendor/venue relationships. Develop targeted invitee mailing lists. Report on RSVPs and who-knows-whom.
- Assist attorneys with maximizing event involvement by identifying opportunities for client and target touch points.
- Proactively collect feedback after the event and encourage follow-up activities. Report on return on investment.
- Work with the firm’s Communications team to create targeted, strategic submissions for practice-related and attorney rankings, surveys and awards
- Maintain practice group/industry descriptions, web content, transaction lists, case studies and other marketing content to ensure that material is compelling and up-to-date.
- Track, analyze and evaluate activity associated with business development initiatives across the firm and recommend strategies to increase the initiatives’ overall effectiveness.
Who you are: