POSITION: Business Development Manager
COMPANY: Jackson Walker
LOCATION: Austin, TX
Serves as the Business Development Manager for assigned lawyers in Austin; provides strategic and tactical support to assigned lawyers and collaborates with marketing and business-development team members and other firm business professionals to ensure the execution of the business-development plans and their alignment with firm-wide business-development priorities and practices.
- Provide strategic input and direction to assigned lawyers for the development and effective implementation of short and long-term business development initiatives.
- Foster the pursuit of new and expanded client relationships.
- Help lawyers develop best-practice-based marketing and proposal materials.
- Track and report on success of business development efforts.
- Serve as a liaison between assigned lawyers and marketing team.
- Organize office-related marketing efforts.
- Market and Business Intelligence
- Business Development Strategy and Planning
- Budget Management
- Proposal Strategy and Preparation
- Lateral Integration
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business or related academic preparation
- Prior legal training or minimum 7 years' legal marketing experience preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Positive attitude, approachable, courteous and respectful
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and creativity, able to juggle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Outstanding oral and written communication and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish credibility with attorneys and staff
- Well-developed research and analytical skills
- Software proficiency in word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, database management, etc. Able to acquire new technical skills easily
- Flexibility and adaptability in a competitive business and professional environment
- Must work well under pressure, be a problem-solver, and a team player