This position primarily assists the business development manager with business development and marketing support for our commercial litigation attorneys throughout the firm. Serving as “front line” support to attorneys and staff, this position has firm wide visibility. Travel on occasion is required.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: New York City
- Prepare and compile materials for pitches, RFPs and other business development opportunities identified by attorneys and business development team.
- Plan and manage events such as seminars, conferences, client events, webinars and trade show appearances, including oversight of all aspects of event logistics, mailing lists, budget, internal and external communications, marketing and client development planning, and follow-up activities.
- Conduct research on prospects and clients and write clear, concise dossier reports summarizing findings.
- Participate in competitor tracking and industry business intelligence monitoring.
- Write summaries and maintain practice group experience lists, case studies and event database. Work with the Practice Resource team and attorneys to create legal directory submissions.
- Provide back-up support as needed to Marketing and Business Development team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Nixon Peabody LLP is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer: Disability / Female / Gender Identity / Minority / Sexual Orientation / Veteran.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or communications field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in professional services business development. Law firm experience, particularly with commercial litigation, a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with marketing/sales databases and CRM programs; InterAction experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, self-directed with ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment.